Law:Title 2. Department Of Human Services And Department Of Protective And Regulatory Services. Subtitle E. Services For Families from Chapter 52. Information Relating To School Age Pregnancy (Texas)
From Law Delta
Subtitle E. Services For Families
Chapter 52. Information Relating To School Age Pregnancy
Section 52.001. School Age Pregnancy Prevention.
(a) The department is designated as the state agency to collect statistical information on school age pregnancy and disburse such statistics to the proper state agencies.
(b) Consistent with the provisions of the Memorandum of Understanding on Family Planning Services required by Section 22.012, Human Resources Code, the department shall:
(1) set guidelines for keeping statistical information on school age pregnancy and parenthood by agencies, organizations, and individuals so that the information may be evaluated and compared;
(2) collect information relating to school age pregnancy as considered necessary by the department, including information on educational programs provided in the public school system relating to family life education, abstinence from sex, and sexually transmitted diseases;
(3) serve as a statewide clearinghouse on information relating to school age pregnancy and education on abstinence from sex and make it available to the legislature, other state agencies, and private entities that are involved in preventing school age pregnancy, addressing the problems caused by school age pregnancy, or encouraging abstinence from sex;
(4) analyze and evaluate the data collected on and studies relating to school age pregnancy and make the analysis and information readily available to the legislature, relevant agencies, and the public;
(5) make recommendations to the relevant state agencies or the legislature to prevent duplication of services; and
(6) submit a report each regular session to the legislature on the status of school age pregnancy programs in the state and the department's progress in meeting the requirements of this section.
(c) The department shall submit each report required by Subsection (b)(6) of this section to the legislature not later than January 31 of each odd-numbered year.
Added by Acts 1987, 70th Leg., ch. 1052, Sec. 1.19, eff. Sept. 1, 1987.