Law:Title 10. General Government. Subtitle F. State And Local Contracts And Fund Management from Chapter 2255. Private Donors Or Organizations (Texas)
From Law Delta
Subtitle F. State And Local Contracts And Fund Management
Chapter 2255. Private Donors Or Organizations
Section 2255.001. Rules.
(a) A state agency which is authorized by statute to accept money from a private donor or for which a private organization exists that is designed to further the purposes and duties of the agency shall adopt rules governing the relationship between:
(1) the donor or organization; and
(2) the agency and its employees.
(b) Rules adopted under this section shall govern all aspects of conduct of the agency and its employees in the relationship, including:
(1) administration and investment of funds received by the organization for the benefit of the agency;
(2) use of an employee or property of the agency by the donor or organization;
(3) service by an officer or employee of the agency as an officer or director of the donor or organization; and
(4) monetary enrichment of an officer or employee of the agency by the donor or organization.
(c) A rule adopted under this section may not conflict with or supersede a requirement of a statute regulating:
(1) the conduct of an employee of a state agency; or
(2) the procedures of a state agency.
(d) A newly created state agency shall adopt rules under this section as soon as possible after its creation.
(e) In this section, "state agency" means a department, commission, board, office, or other agency in the executive branch of state government created by the constitution or a statute of this state, including a university system or an institution of higher education as defined by Section 61.003, Education Code.
Added by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 268, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1993.