Law:Budget Implementation Act, 1995
From Law Delta
S.c. 1995, c. 17
Assented to 1995-06-22
An Act to implement certain provisions of the budget tabled in Parliament on February 27, 1995
Her Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate and House of Commons of Canada, enacts as follows:
1. This Act may be cited as the Budget Implementation Act, 1995.
Part I. Compensation
2. to 6. (Amendments)
Part Ii. Management Of Labour
7. to 10. (Amendments)
Part Iii. Transportation Matters
National Transportation Act, 1987
11. to 22. (Amendments)
Coming into Force
Coming into force
23. Sections 11 to 22 come into force, or are deemed to have come into force, on August 1, 1995.
24. to 26. (Repeals)
27. No payments may be made out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund in respect of a movement of goods that was eligible for assistance under the Atlantic Region Freight Assistance Act or the Maritime Freight Rates Act where
(a) the movement originates after June 30, 1995; or
(b) the claim in respect of the payment is made after September 1, 1995.
Statutory payments to railway companies for 1994-95 crop year
28. (1) The Minister of Transport shall pay to railway companies any amount that the Minister would have been required to pay after July 31, 1995 under subsections 56(1) and 57(1) of the Western Grain Transportation Act in respect of the crop year beginning August 1, 1994 and ending July 31, 1995 if that Act had not been repealed.
Payments under agreements
(2) The Minister of Transport shall pay any amount that the Minister would have been required to pay after July 31, 1995 under an agreement entered into under section 60 of the Western Grain Transportation Act in respect of the crop year beginning August 1, 1994 and ending July 31, 1995 if that Act had not been repealed.
Deadline for payments
(3) Payments required by subsection (1) or (2) shall be made no later than October 29, 1995.
29. The Western Grain Transition Payments Act set out in Schedule II is enacted.
Part Iv. Fiscal Arrangements And Other Matters
30. (Repealed, 1996, c. 11, s. 46.1)
Canada Assistance Plan
31. and 32. (Amendment and repeal)
Canada Health Act
33. to 41. (Amendments)
Children of Deceased Veterans Education Assistance Act
Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade Act
Federal-Provincial Fiscal Arrangements and Federal Post-Secondary Education and Health Contributions Act
45. (1) (Amendment)
(2) A reference in any Act, regulation, agreement or other instrument to the Federal-Provincial Fiscal Arrangements and Federal Post-Secondary Education and Health Contributions Act is, except where the context otherwise requires, deemed to be a reference to the Federal-Provincial Fiscal Arrangements Act.
46. to 56. (Amendments)
Financial Administration Act
57. to 60. (Amendments)
Pension Benefits Standards Act, 1985
Public Utilities Income Tax Transfer Act
62. to 64. (Amendments and repeal)
Termination of payments
65. No payment may be made under the Act after March 31, 1999.
Tax Rebate Discounting Act
Vocational Rehabilitation of Disabled Persons Act
War Veterans Allowance Act
68. to 72. (Amendments)
(See Western Grain Transition Payments Act)