Law:Boucherville Islands Bridge and Tunnel Act
From Law Delta
S.c. 1963, c. 6
Assented to 1963-07-31
An Act to authorize the Construction and Maintenance of a Bridge and Tunnel across the St. Lawrence River at the Boucherville Islands, in the Province of Quebec
Her Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate and House of Commons of Canada, enacts as follows:—
1. This Act may be cited as the Boucherville Islands Bridge and Tunnel Act.
Construction of bridge authorized
2. Subject to this Act, the Province of Quebec (hereinafter referred to as "the Province") is hereby authorized to construct and maintain a bridge, approaches and other works ancillary thereto, for the use and passage of persons, vehicles and goods, across and over the St. Lawrence River from a point at or near the City of Jacques Cartier, Quebec, to a point on Charron Island, one of the Boucherville Islands, Quebec.
Construction of tunnel authorized
3. Subject to this Act, the Province is hereby authorized to construct and maintain a tunnel, approaches and other works ancillary thereto, for the use and passage of persons, vehicles and goods, across and under the St. Lawrence River from a point at or near the City of Montreal, Quebec to a point on Charron Island, one of the Boucherville Islands, Quebec.
Plans and drawings to be submitted
4. (1) The bridge and tunnel described in sections 2 and 3 respectively and the works ancillary thereto shall be constructed and maintained in accordance with and subject to such regulations for the safeguarding of navigation of the St. Lawrence River as the Governor in Council may prescribe, and, for that purpose, the Province shall, prior to the commencement of construction of the bridge, tunnel or ancillary works, submit to the Governor in Council for examination and approval plans and drawings thereof and a map of their proposed locations, indicating accurately all relevant soundings and showing the bed of the stream and the location of all other bridges in the area, and furnish to the Governor in Council such other information as is required for a full and satisfactory understanding of the project.
Approval of plans and drawings prior to commencement
(2) Construction of the bridge, tunnel or works ancillary thereto shall not be commenced until such time as the plans and drawings referred to in subsection (1) and the location of the bridge, tunnel and ancillary works have been approved by the Governor in Council, and no material change in such plans or drawings, or in the location of the bridge, tunnel or ancillary works shall be made after the commencement of construction thereof except with the prior approval of the Governor in Council.
5. (1) The Governor in Council may, in addition to any regulations authorized by section 4, make such regulations in relation to the bridge and tunnel described in sections 2 and 3 and the works ancillary thereto, as he deems necessary for navigation purposes.
(2) All persons affected by any regulation made under the authority of this Act shall comply therewith.